Friday, June 17, 2011

Hebrew Alignment Formatting Question

I have a quick question on formatting. When I write in Hebrew online, everything turns out fine. But when I go into my microsoft word program, it scrambles everything up. It is like it can't handle the right-to-left. For example, when I copy and paste something from my blog to a word document, it reverses everything so that it reads left-to-right rather than right-to-left. When I try to write, sometimes it will sometimes allow right-to-left within a single word, but when I space it makes me go left-to-right. When I worked from a PC, I never had this problem. But with a mac, now I have it. By the way, it is clearly a problem with word itself. If I go to a notepad or rich text editing pad, it has NO PROBLEM moving back and forth between different directional writing types (the problem is, it is much more difficult to type up a full formal paper with footnotes, etc., in that program). Anyone have a solution?

2 comments:

Deacon Bill Burns said...

Maybe this will help?

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/enable-editing-of-multiple-languages-HP003084566.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HP003089536

Jared Calaway said...

Unfortunately, no. Thanks for the reference, though.